Moving to Colorado, but have not yet decided exactly where to live near Denver? Rental properties abound in the outskirts of the metro area. Take a look what each segment of the area has to offer as well as the average rent rates for each area. North Denver Metro As you move north from Denver, you quickly come across newer communities and the technology corridor where many major technology firms have their headquarters. Living north of Denver also puts you closer to Boulder, which is a great college town and is full of culture. This is my personal favorite for areas to rent near Denver.
- Thornton, CO – population: 117,628, apartment rent: $953, distance: 10.6 miles
- Northglenn, CO – population: 34,739, apartment rent: $831, distance: 11.7 miles
- Broomfield, CO – population: 55,990, apartment rent: $961, distance: 16.8 miles
East Denver Metro The main thing to the east of Denver is Aurora and, while Aurora is nice enough, you’ve got to really search around to find the hidden little museums, restaurants, shops, and other packets of local goodness. To the east of the city is the Denver International Airport.
- Commerce City, CO – population: 44,067, apartment rent: $842, distance: 6.9 miles
- Aurora, CO – population: 323,348, apartment rent: $841, distance: 9.1 miles
South Denver Metro The southern part of Denver has exploded recently. Many new communities are springing up and apartments are working to fill up with residents. You’ll also notice that the highest prices for apartments on this list are in this region.
- Englewood, CO – population: 32,883, apartment rent: $746, distance: 9.2 miles
- Littleton, CO – population: 41,084, apartment rent: $828, distance: 11 miles
- Centennial, CO – population: 100,557, apartment rent: $1,150, distance: 14.7 miles
- Columbine, CO – population: 24,095, apartment rent: $1,286, distance: 14.9 miles
- Ken Caryl, CO – population: 30,887, apartment rent: $1,094, distance: 18.5 miles
- Highlands Ranch, CO – population: 70,931, apartment rent: $1,266, distance: 19.6 miles
West Denver Metro The western Denver suburbs give you the best access to nature and all of her beauty. Run away to the ski slopes in the winters and go climbing or hiking during the summers. The mountains are your back yard. Here are a few areas that have a lot going for them:
- Wheat Ridge, CO – population: 31,030, apartment rent: $789, distance: 6.8 miles
- Lakewood, CO – population: 141,937, apartment rent: $866, distance: 7.4 miles
- Westminster, CO – population: 109,180, apartment rent: $928, distance: 9.5 miles
- Arvada, CO – population: 108,208, apartment rent: $881, distance: 10.1 miles
Now you just need to choose what you want. If you need Fancy and high-tech, look to the north; affordable bedroom community, turn east; expensive and proud of it, head south; or, gateway to the mountains, go west.
How about you? Had any luck finding an apartment in Denver? Commdent below.
*** If you’d like some help finding an apartment in Denver, I’ve got a whole staff of people standing by to help you for free. Call one of our apartment experts at 877-676-1767.
Or, click here: https://www.aptsdenver.com/discover-denver-apartments
[Image credit: zepfanman]